About Rachel Virk
Rachel L. Virk has been a practicing Family Law Attorney in Northern Virginia since 1990.
Ms. Virk earned her initial Certification as a Mediator by the Judicial Council of Virginia in 2001, and has been continuously certified and mediating since. She is Certified to mediate at the highest Circuit Court Family level.
Ms. Virk completed her training as a Collaborative Law Practitioner in 2005.
Voted #1 Attorney for Loudoun County in the Loudoun Now Annual Loudoun Favorites Poll
Recognized as a “Ten Best Attorney for Client Satisfaction” by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys for 2015, 2016, and 2017
Recognized as a “Top Lawyers in Virginia” by The Legal Network for 2016
Recognized as a “Top 10 Family Law Attorney for Virginia” by the American Jurist Institute for 2016
How to Decide Whether to Fight it Out or Work it Out – MUST LISTEN
President of Rachel L. Virk, P.C., Ms. Virk has been a:
- Member of the Virginia State Bar since 1989, and Family Law Section Member
- Member of the Fairfax County Bar Association since 1990, and Family Law Section Member
- Member of the Loudoun County Bar Association since 2000
- Member of the Virginia State Bar Association ADR Joint Committee since 2005
- Member of the Virginia Mediation Network since 2005
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals since 2005
- Member of the Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia since 2005
- Member of the Virginia Collaborative Professionals since 2007
The Four Ways of Divorce: A Concise Guide to What you Need to Know about Divorce using Litigation, Negotiation, Collaboration and Mediation So You Don't Pay More Than You Should
Third Party Assisted Negotiation and the High Pressure Settlement of Disputes. (Family Law News, Winter 2013)
Informative Mediation—A New Model for Tough Economic Times. (Family Law News, Fall, 2008)
The Varying Roles of the Mental Health Professional as Pertaining to the Various Ways in Which Divorce Issues are Resolved. (Family Therapy Magazine, July-August, 2009)